All FR3 users must submit have registration and MTA documents on file to receive materials from FR3. Investigators in academia, not-for-profit organizations, industry, and government worldwide may request FR3 services.
FR3 User Registration Information
- Registration is the gateway to all FR3 services, and is now required prior to ordering parasites/reagents from FR3.
- Registration and the associated Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) are designed to protect the rights and interests of all participating parties including the depositors, the registered user, FR3, and its sponsors. Please note that a separate MTA is required to order reagents from the Molecular Resources Division.
- Registration is valid for five years, provided there is no change in the institutional affiliation of the investigator.
- Please register well in advance of your reagent request. Both the Registration and MTA forms duly signed by the PI and an institutional official at their affiliated organization are required.
How to Register
- Access the required form on the FR3 website (click here for Registration).
- To register with the FR3 you must be a Principal Investigator, Laboratory Chief, Director of Research, or hold a position minimally equivalent to those levels. Students, post-doctoral fellows and scientists not at this level are not eligible.
- Complete the Registration Form and appropriate Material Transfer Agreement(s), making sure that you obtain the appropriate ORIGINAL institutional signatures.
- Where the forms specify “Duly Authorized for Registrant’s Institution” (Registration Form) and "Duly Authorized Signatory of Recipient”(MTA), these signatures must be obtained from an official capable of legally binding your Institution (e.g., president, vice- president, dean, or provost, but NOT a department chairman. Often, the business official who co-signs your grant applications will be the appropriate person).
- The FR3 cannot accept registration forms by FAX or email. Please mail completed Registration and MTA Forms to the address below.
- Please include a Biographical Sketch, or a brief curriculum vitae. If available, a Biographical Sketch from a recent NIH grant proposal may be used.
Post original signed forms to:
Andrew R. Moorhead
Department of Infectious Diseases
University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine
501 D. W. Brooks Drive
Athens, GA 30602
ATTN: Erica Burkman
8. We will review the application and respond to you within 5 - 7 working days. A letter of acceptance will be sent to you by email. You will then be entitled to reagents and resources provided by FR3.
Please keep in mind the following FR3 policies:
- Registrant and Registrant’s Institution agree to acknowledge the FR3 in all publications and presentations that describe Registrant’s use of Reagents.
- To ensure prompt delivery, registered user records must be kept up to date, including any changes to the Shipping Address. Users assume all shipping charges and an account with a carrier (preferably FedEx) must be established prior to first order.
- Users who change institutions MUST undergo the full registration process at their new institution.
Please email the FR3 at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding registration.